How do you survive the warm, humid summer nights in Tenneesee? Chillin' in a lounge chair by Leon's Lagoon with a margarita in hand and either a good book or good company. That's how!
I love seeing Jan's garden in full bloom. It's one benefit to being there during the summer heat.
One morning while enjoying a cup of joe lagoon side, I patiently waited for a lilly pad flower to open. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the two frogs that inhabit them.
I did see one of the turtles! I had to slowly come up to him, otherwise he'd hide further under the water. They will come to the surface when the koi get fed.
I had never seen a bee like this before. I asked the locals what it was, but sadly they didn't know. They were all over the flowers in the garden. My favorite bugs of the south were out in force at twilight - fireflies! Or as I stood corrected - lightening bugs. Yes, it's "coke", not "pop"! I know...
Leon's Lagoon has a gorgeous cascading waterfall that feeds into the pond. Not only does it look beautiful, but sounds lovely too. The night after Justin and Nicole's wedding, Jan and I sat out by the water watching the dry lightening storm in the distance and finishing an unused bottle of champaigne. Definately good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment