Friday, June 5, 2009

Look at me... I'm 10!


On Saturday May 9, 2009, Colin Christopher turned 10 years old. I can't believe how fast the last ten years have gone. Just like that, it seems. We've gone from Little Gym parties and Teletubbies cakes to video game sleepovers in a blink of an eye! This year Colin had 4 of his good buddies over to play video games, have a nerf gun war, eat and sleep. (I'm pretty sure it was in that order!)

The party had a rock star/guitar hero theme, hence the cool shades the boys are sporting and the black guitar painted on Colin's cake. Colin got the guitar hero drum set for his birthday, so that was a big hit with everyone. The only bummer about the event... mom was sick. I started the day feeling OK, and by dinnertime was down for the count, in bed feeling miserable and convinced I had the swine flu. Fortunately, dad took one for the team and hosted the rest of the party, including cooking pancakes the next morning. It only took 2 weeks to not only clean-up after the festivities, but to also get over what later become terrible bronchitis. (Fortunately, not swine flu...) Despite the illness factor, it was successful. To quote the now 10 year old, "Mom, that was the best party ever!" Here's to the next 10 years! Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment